The Sekonic Flashmate L-308X-U light meter is pocket-sized and has a legacy of exceptionally accuracy. It's a compact tool for metering both ambient and flash lighting as well as working in video with dedicated Cine and HD Cine modes. Equipped with a sliding lumisphere, the L-308X-U is able to measure ambient light as well as reflected light via a lens with a 40° reception angle. This meter also has a wide metering range; from 0 to 19.9 EV at ISO 100, and can work with flash within a range of f/1.0 to f/90.9 at ISO 100. Repeat accuracy is also important when metering, which the L-308X-U delivers with a rating of <0.1 EV on repeat exposures.
Maximum versatility last year, Sekonic introduced their groundbreaking flag ship light meter, the Speedmaster L-858D-U. By merging functionality for both photography and cinematography into one light meter, Sekonic created a powerful and invaluable tool for image makers of every kind. Now Sekonic is bringing that philosophy to the immensely popular L-308 series with the new Flashmate L-308X-U.
- Three Meters in One - Keeping pace with the demands of modern image creators that move from assignment to assignment, the L-308X-U features three metering modes:
- Photo Mode - The L-308X-U offers full exposure control for photographers on-location or in the studio. Measurement data for flash and ambient light readings are clearly displayed on screen, as well as ambient EV measurement. In addition to Shutter Priority Mode, the new Aperture Priority Mode offers photographers care free measurements where depth-of-field is critical.
- HD Cine Mode - Gives cinematographers a compact solution for scouting locations or as a quick go-to solution while they are on set. The 308X-U lets users select from a range of frame rates and shutter angles, while measuring accurately, to within one-tenth of a stop. Also, the addition of ISO 850 greatly assists cinematographers by giving them the option of taking measurements in the native ISOs of many of today's professional cinema cameras.
- Cine Mode - Designed with the professional in mind, the FLASHMATE L-308X can take on the challenges of digital cinematography. Select from the right combination of frame rates and shutter angles to achieve the exposure control necessary with one-tenth stop accuracy. Truly universal, the FLASHMATE L-308X offers Lux (lx) and foot-candle (fc) readout enabling a quick set up of lighting in a compact, affordable and easy-to use design.
- Three Ways to Measure - Slide the built-in lumisphere to the right and insert the lumidisc (optional) into the provide slot over the light receiver. The L-308X is now ready to measure flat subjects or lighting contrast with precision.
- Lumishpere - The Lumisphere provides incident light readings for nearly foolproof exposure readings and enables lighting that scene before talent arrives.
- Lens - The Lumidisc is perfect for lighting green screens, adjusting ratios and taking lux and foot-candle measurements.
- Lumidisc (optional) - Reflected light readings enable measuring the brightness of subject tones, gray cards, light sources or window light.
- Updated Available ISOs - Now includes ISO 850 the native ISO of some of today’s most popular video cameras.
- Illuminated display - Backlight LCD turns on automatically under EV5.
- Calibration compensation - Adjust the L-308X-U to your Film or Digital camera’s exposure or matching the L-308X to other hand-held meters. (+/-1.0EV in 0.1 step)
- Custom setting - Three custom settings are available to select display mode, increment of measurement and unit of illuminance (lx or fc) to fit to your camera and metering requirements.
- Illuminance Measurement - Lux(lx) and foot-candle(fc) display is especially used for cinematogaraphy, theatrical and other applications that require precise control of light source brightness. Either no display, lux or foot-candle is selectable in custom setting.